What should you do with your social media accounts if a national crisis hits? Since we just recently had a national crisis, this would be a good time to come up with a plan in case we have another crisis. It would be nice not to have to worry about what to do about an emergency, but the reality is that some day, another disaster of some type will happen.
So here are some tips on what to do with your social media accounts during a crisis:
- If you have some posts already scheduled out, change them to go out the next day or a couple of days later, depending on the emergency. People may not be interested in your sale or funny video during a challenging time.
- You need decide if you would like to post some type of condolence message.
- If the crisis has touched your specific industry, you might have some extra information to post out to your followers.
- If the crisis is weather related, and it has affected your customers, by all means, use your social media to communicate with them.
- If you do post out something about a global event, make sure you have all of the facts first. Sometime initial reports are incorrect and it could reflect badly on your company. It may be best to let the dust settle
With a new year here, it is always a good time to take a look at your existing social media strategy and policies. If you need any help, contact SpiderCat Marketing. We can help you with your social media postings, and strategies that must be in place for successful social media marketing!